Preschool Child Care Aide
Branch: East Hartford YMCA
Location: East Hartford, CT
Type of Job: Part-time
The East Hartford YMCA is looking for qualified and energetic individual as a Child Care Aide. The Child Care Aide is responsible for assisting in
the daily operations and maintenance of their room, and for assisting in compliance with state regulations and YMCA policies/procedures.
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all
times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford is conveyed.
The incumbent must:
· Be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma.
· Child Development Credentials (CDA) required OR at least 12 credits in Early Childhood Education.
· Experience working with children under 6 years of age, preferably in an organized setting.
· Certification in CPR and/or First Aid required within six months of employment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Bring to this position maturity, responsibility, and a sincere interest in working with children.
· Have very strong interpersonal and organization skills.
· Possess a general knowledge and understanding of the YMCA, its goals, and its mission.
Employment is subject to a background check.
HOW TO APPLY
· Send Employment Application, Cover Letter and Resume to Clarissa Santos at email@example.com.
· Applications are available online at www.ghymca.org.
· No phone calls please.
Effect on End Results:
· The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the
· The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member
enrollment and retention.
· Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.
Type of position:
YMCA of Greater Hartford - Metropolitan Offices
241 Trumball Street