Sports & Recreation
Assistant Camp Director
Double H Ranch
• Residential on site staff member from the beginning of June through the end of August.
• Residential during select family based programs
• Responsible for set up and clean up of all Double H program events
• Collaborate with Camp Director to ensure the needs of campers and staff are being met
in all summer, ski and off season programs.
• Assist with staff and volunteer recruitment and interviews
• Meet weekly with direct supervisor throughout the year
• Attend all year round weekly meetings and give current updates on work in progress.
• Report any acts of maltreatment, neglect, and/or any other violation of camp policies
immediately to the Camp Director.
• Assist Camp Director with the American Camping Association Accreditation process
• Directly supervised by the Camp Director
• Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Camp Director.
• Provide tours, respond to general inquiries from the public, and assist with
Summer Job Responsibilities:
• Assist the Camp Director in the creation of the staff manual and summer orientation.
• Provide direct supervision and training for the Program Directors and Program Staff and
• Update individual Program Area Manuals on a yearly basis with information from the
year prior and including all safety regulations.
• Create and implement summer session schedules that meet the needs of all campers,
staff, medical professionals and volunteers
• Coordinate featured special guests and events to occur in both summer and off season
programming. Track all information and send Thank you notes to guests following
• Facilitate weekly program meetings with all program staff and give progress reports to
the Camp Director.
• Conduct informal check‐ins at all areas on a daily or weekly basis and provide feedback
on progress in a consistent manner
• Collaborate with Camp Director to ensure that all programming needs and general camp
needs are being met throughout the year.
• Bachelors Degree or ACA Certification
• At least 21 years of age
• At least two prior seasons of programming, camp or equivalent experience
• No criminal conviction record related to the treatment of children
• Red Cross BLS/CPR Certification
If interested please submit a cover letter and resume to Kate Walsh, Camp
Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Type of position:
SeriousFun Children's Network
Sports & Recreation
228 Saugatuck Avenue