Coordinator of Volunteer's
The mission of Casey Trees (CT) is to restore, enhance and protect the tree canopy of the Nation's Capital. Casey Trees is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to work with the Director of Education to help recruit and coordinate 2,000-plus volunteers a year.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, enthusiastic, highly motivated individual, loves working with people, and is dedicated to volunteer outreach efforts. The candidate should be friendly, outgoing, organized, flexible, with great written and oral communication skills.
• Recruit and coordinate 2,000+ volunteers a year to help with CT programs, such as tree planting, tree care, pruning, advocacy and outreach.
• Oversee maintenance of volunteer databases, including tracking and documenting volunteer hours for reporting, and planning.
• Maintain communications with volunteers for all CT service activities including schedule changes, invitations, emergencies, volunteer shifts and other activities.
• Expand volunteer involvement in protection, restoration and maintenance of trees through innovative approaches, communications and progressive skills development.
• Oversee and coordinate the purchase, use and maintenance of all supplies, materials and equipment related to all volunteer activities.
• Develop and implement strategies to cultivate relationships with relevant public/private interest groups to engage, educate and involve them in activities to protect, restore and maintain the urban tree canopy.
• Communicate and distribute information and promotional materials including flyers, brochures, newsletter articles, press releases, email announcements and web site updates related to all service activities.
• Attend community meetings where necessary to facilitate CT events.
• Collaborate with multiple CT departments on various projects related to volunteer needs.
• Support fundraising and development initiatives at CT.
• Bachelor's degree and three to five years demonstrated success managing and implementing volunteer and community events,
• A strong volunteer management background.
• A commitment to urban forestry, conservation, and environmental education in urban areas.
• Professional demeanor, superior written and oral communications skills, and the ability to interact and work with a variety of urban audiences, including educators.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Creativity, flexibility, confidence, and positive spirit a must.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Manage multiple activities simultaneously.
• Must be able to establish, track and meet deadlines, often under pressure.
• Proficiency with Convio, Eventbrite, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and ability to learn new programs required.
• Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends and extended hours when needed.
• Must be able to come into Casey Trees headquarters in Washington, D.C. for a face-to-face interview at the interviewees own expense.
Position Duration and Compensation:
This is a full-time position starting as soon as possible, with benefits, paid holidays, and a starting salary range of $38,000-$40,000 (commensurate with experience).
TO APPLY: Please email the following items to Susan Erhardt, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Letter of interest
• Available start date
• Contact information for three references
Enter "Volunteer Coordinator" in the subject line of the email.
Applications are due by 5:00 pm EST Tuesday, February 19th . No telephone or email inquiries please.
Type of position:
Susan Erhardt, Dir. of Education
3030 12th St., NE