YMCA of Greater Springfield
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts 01104
Job Code: 2013-1021
The YMCA of Greater Springfield is looking for a Business Manager with a demonstrated history of success in managment, accounting, and finance. This role is a full-time exempt position with the opportunity for further potential development.
As an employer focused on the well-being of body, mind, and spirit we offer a total compensation program focused on competitive benefits, flexibility, and pay. The pay range for this position is $38,000 - $42,000, commensurate with experience.
With over 160 years of excellence in developing youth, supporting healthy living, and demonstrating social responsibility, the YMCA of Greater Springfield is a place like no other!
The Business Manager will be responsible for the following key fucntions:
1. Provides Leadership, instruction and direction in the areas of finance, A/P, A/R, recordkeeping, administration.
2. Attend and participate in all mandatory staff meetings.
3. Remains aware of current trends in accounting and finance and responds accordingly.
4. Recruit, train, and supervise staff and volunteers for the department as appropriate.
5. Assist in the preparation of annual department budgets and accepts responsibility for income and expenses of approved budgets.
6. Maintain all department functions in compliance with the GAAP.
7. Represent the association, build and maintain its relationship with other organizations in the community including local boards, committees, or groups.
8. Seeks supportive grant funding and internal efficiencies.
9. Maintain a strong commitment of the YMCA, its Mission and members.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Accounting or CFO.
K.A.S.H. (Knowledge, Attitude, Skills, & Habits)
The incumbent must possess the following to be considered:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
· 2-3 years experience in finance or accounting functions
· Knowledge of A/P, A/R, and general ledger reconciliation
· A working knowledge of GAAP
· An ability to work with a diverse population
· Exhibit core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility
· Excellent relationship building skills
· Ability to stand or sit for an extended period of time
The following are preferences, but are not requirements for consideration:
· Prior experience in a YMCA or non-profit environment
· Master's Degree
· Accounting Certification
· Working knowledge of SAGE and Who's Where
· Must be willing to travel extensively within Western Massachusetts
· Must have valid drivers license
· May be required to sit for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
· Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
· The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk and hear, use hands and fingers handle or feel, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/ or move up to 20 pounds.
Type of position:
YMCA of Greater Springfield
275 Chestnut Street, Suite 1