Sports & Recreation
Branch: Downtown YMCA
Location: Hartford, CT
Type of Job: Part-time
For over 158 years the YMCA of Greater Hartford has been changing lives. Serving youth, teens, adults and families in over 52 Connecticut towns,
the YMCA provides a wide variety of programs focused on Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
Come be part of a thriving association with a commitment to developing future leaders of the YMCA movement.
The Downtown YMCA is looking for a qualified and energetic individual as a Swim Instructor/Lifeguard. Under the direct supervision the Swim
Instructor/lifeguard will uphold the rules and the guidelines of the pool to ensure the safest environment for all members.
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all
times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford is conveyed.
· Must be 16 years of age or older.
· Must have current YMCA Lifeguarding or Red Cross Lifeguarding
· Must have CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification, AED, and Oxygen Administration.
· Must have Basic First Aid certification.
· Knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate skills in swim lesson instructions.
· Ability to demonstrate skills as required for class content and use teaching aids such as kickboards, diving rings, life jackets, etc.
· American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification preferred but not required.
· In addition to the above requirements, it is expected that a lifeguard will bring to his/her position maturity, responsibility, positive values
and sincere interest in working with people.
Employment is subject to a background check.
HOW TO APPLY
· Send Employment Application, Cover Letter and Resume to Clarissa Santos at email@example.com.
· Applications are available online at www.ghymca.org.
· No phone calls please.
Type of position:
YMCA of Greater Hartford - Metropolitan Offices
241 Trumball Street