Sports & Recreation
Staff Assistant- Women's Basketball Coach/Intramurals Coord.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Intramural program. Head Coach of the Varsity Women’s Basketball program. Nights and weekends are required. Employment to be (12) month position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee all aspects of the intramural programs.
• Maintain accurate rosters and coaches directory to ensure eligibility.
• Assist with the hiring of students/contractors with intramurals responsibility.
• Recommend equipment and supply purchases for areas of responsibility.
• Assist with the equipment distribution and collection in all areas of responsibility.
• Develop rules, regulations and contracts for all intramural sports.
• Develop publicity, marketing, and programming for all areas of responsibility.
• Work with the Building Manager to create a schedule for intramurals.
• Work with both the Associate Athletic Director and the Assistant Director in creating a intramural schedule and a presence on www.fsurams.com.
• Maintain web based intramural site for use with rosters, schedules, standing and registration forms.
• Promote and foster the women’s athletic programs.
• Site Supervisor for all intramural events including games and tournaments.
• Oversee the daily operation of the women’s basketball program.
• Responsible for practice planning, game planning, and play calling.
• Oversee and assign recruiting tasks.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics or the Associate Director of Athletics.
• Responsible for upholding federal, state and local laws and for enforcing University policies with special attention to the University Alcohol Policy.
• Bachelors’ degree in physical education, education, recreation, human performance, sports administration or similar discipline required.
• One to three years’ experience in the field of athletics.
• Three to five years coaching college basketball experience required.
• Masters’ degree.
This is a full-time, benefited, union position. The starting salary range is $45,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience.
Framingham State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Members of underrepresented groups and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment are encouraged to apply.
Please apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Paper applications will not be accepted. If you need assistance applying online, please call 508-626-4530.
Framingham State University understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 508-626-4530.
Apply online: http://www.framingham.edu/about-fsu/work-at-fsu.html
Type of position:
Sports Movement and Recreation
Human Resources Office
Framingham State University
100 State Street, PO Box 9101