PROGRAM: Care Coordination
SITE LOCATION: Willimantic
MISSION: To assist children who have serious emotional disturbances maintain a successful placement in their natural environment.
SCOPE: Assists SED children to maintain placement in their natural environment by assessing whole family needs, linking with appropriate community resources, and facilitating open communication between providers involved with family.
ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING RESULTS:
Direct Care Coordination Functions.
• Establishes rapport and working relationship with assigned clients/family.
• Develops and writes child centered, family focused client service plans in conjunction with client/family.
• Assesses in obtaining benefits, housing, treatment, legal services, medical services, education and employment, and recreational services.
• Demonstrates competency in age-related or specialty issues and developmental needs for each population served.
• Coordinates communication between all providers involved with client.
• Creates crisis plan for clients.
• Meets regularly with each client to assess current status and progress.
• Formulates adequate discharge plans for all cases terminated from assigned caseload.
• Convenes team meetings including all providers for client/family to insure that everybody is following service plan.
Maintains Family and other Collateral Contacts to Ensure Quality, Client-Centered Services.
• Works as liaison between agency, DCF, hospitals, other community-based services, family members and significant others.
• Assists in linking client with community support systems and agencies.
• Advocates for clients’ rights and access to services.
• Provides overall care coordination and management
• Liaisons with clinical and community providers to ensure consistency of services provided.
Maintains Documentation and other Methods of Communication to Maintain Quality Services.
• Compliant with recordkeeping requirements consistent with program and agency standards including the monitoring and charting of clients’ behavior and progress toward specific goals.
• Completes all required documentation and statistical reports related to client service in accordance with established agency procedure.
• Attends and participates in weekly staff meetings, case conference and supervision.
• Participates in case coordination meetings
• Completes objective measurement tools as required by funder.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities.
• Develops and maintains involvement in an identified specialty area.
• Attends agency-sponsored in-services, outside workshops, conferences and meetings to facilitate continued professional growth.
• May perform other assignments and duties, as area needs require.
Apply online: http://www.chrhealth.org/careers/
Type of position:
Human Services (UG)
Michelle M. Boecher, Recruiter, Human Resources
Community Health Resources
995 Day Hill Road