Sports & Recreation
Sr. Aquatics Director
YMCA: Torigian Family YMCA
Location: Peabody, MA
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
3. Leads by example by being present to lifeguard, teach classes and conduct pool maintenance duties on a regularly scheduled basis.
4. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
5. Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
6. Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid, CPR and AED trainings within the branch and for the overall association.
7. Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices and meets. Manages the influx of swimmers and guests during swim meets.
8. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
9. Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives. Quickly addresses any trends that adversely affect the program budget.
10. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events. Leads by example by supporting the annual support campaign.
11. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
12. Assists with Program Committee meetings. Attends community meetings as they relate to Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility to promote YMCA Aquatic programming.
13. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
Salary: $42,000 - $53,000
Additional Compensation Details:
YMCA pays 12% retirement and offers excellent, health dental, vacation and sick benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter, resume and 3 references. New England Region candidates preferred
Apply By Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgResumes until: 3/2/2013
Contact: Crissy L Jache
Type of position:
Torigian Family YMCA
259 Lynnfield Street