Civilian Advocate/Victims of Sexual & Domestic Violence
CIVILIAN ADVOCATE/VICTIMS OF SEXUAL & DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
CENTER FOR WOMEN AND COMMUNITY
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The person in this position works under the general supervision of the Director
of Counseling and Rape Crisis Services, provides and evaluates culturally
competent police advocacy for survivors of sexual and domestic violence at one
area police department.
1. Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Women’s Studies or related
field with at least one year post graduate experience or Associate’s Degree and
two years’ experience.
2. Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders including police,
courts and social service agencies.
3. Ability to foster and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships
with police personnel while advocating effectively on behalf of survivors of
sexual assault and relationship violence.
4. Advocacy and Counseling experience in related field required; Domestic Violence
or Rape Crisis Counselor certification preferred.
5. Experience facilitating workshops or professional trainings on issues related
to sexual assault and domestic violence and/or experience training police
6. Familiarity with the criminal justice system or legal system, especially
regarding sexual assault and domestic violence cases.
7. Demonstrated sensitivity to diverse community groups.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
9. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
10 Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
11 Ability to track and manage detailed information.
12. Drivers’ License and access to a vehicle required.
13. Bilingual (Spanish, Chinese, or Khmer/English) preferred.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19,465 – $24,372; NORMAL STARTING SALARY: $19,465 - $21, 919
This position is grant funded through 6/30/14
PROFESSIONAL STAFF SALARY ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM POSITION LEVEL 25.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and 3 letters of recommendation. Review of
resumes will begin on March 4, 2013, and will continue until position is filled.
ON CAMPUS APPLICATIONS ONLY: Send application materials to: Search R45540,
Karen DeSalvio, Human Resources, University Health Services, 150 Infirmary Way,
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003.
On-Campus applicants are defined as Amherst Campus non-student employees
OFF CAMPUS APPLICATIONS ONLY: Send application materials to: Search #R45540,
Employment Office, 167 Whitmore Administration Building, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003-8170.
Type of position:
University of Massachusetts
167 Whitmore Administration Building