Multimedia Reporter: Digital photography, video shooting & editing using DSLR camera – MassLive.com
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts 01103
Full Time – lst Shift
About MassLive.com: Based in Springfield, Mass., MassLive.com is a leading news and information website in Massachusetts with over 2.6 million unique visitors* per month. We are affiliated with The Republican newspaper. MassLive.com is owned by Advance Local.
We are seeking a full-time Multimedia Reporter to provide daily news coverage in Eastern Massachusetts. This position would specialize in producing videos and photo slideshows, working with other reporters and website staff to maximize audience growth with a primary focus on breaking news. In addition, our reporter will be expected to maintain a consistent presence in the community, both in person and on major social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
Responsibilities will also include: Multimedia: Digital photography, video shooting/editing using DSLR camera.
· Identify high-impact, themed photo projects that encourage audience participation and leverage social media.
· Develop video & photo best practices; train other reporters on staff.
· Track metrics and provide recommendations for audience growth initiatives.
To qualify for this position, we require:
· No less than 2 years relevant professional experience producing and packaging digital content;
· A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications from a four-year college or university (or equivalent professional work experience);
· Video shooting expertise;
· Professional level proficiency using video editing software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, or similar;
· Early adopter of new technologies, new processes and best practices for creating and maintaining digital content to grow audience;
· Results driven, with experience in a deadline-oriented environment;
· Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills; and
· Ability to work a flexible schedule with some weekend work included.
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Editor-In Chief Ed Kubosiak at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include links to relevant video samples as part of your application. No phone calls, please.
MassLive.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Type of position:
32 Hampden Street