Overnight Direct Service Advocate
Every other Friday/Saturday 11p-7a
• Minimum H.S. diploma with experience in a human service field; residential experience required
• Must have prior experience working with domestic violence and addiction issues
• Must have understanding of and be supportive of program premise that relapse is a part of recovery
• Experience working with diverse populations required.
• Must have valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and working telephone
• Bilingual (Spanish/English, Russian/English) preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer phones and provide information and referral
• Conduct program intake as needed
• Provide crisis intervention
• Provide ongoing support to residents as needed throughout their stay
• Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the facility and property (including, but not limited to: vacuuming, laundry, loading/unloading groceries, shoveling, raking, mopping); completion of overnight duties per staff handbook
• Ensure thorough communication of staff from shift to shift
• Monitor facility safety issues, including reporting of maintenance problems and need for supplies
• Ensures safety of program by conducting various checks of premises including alarms, windows, doors, appliances, and bedroom checks
• Ensures residents are following program schedule and adhering to program policies and guidelines
• Assist with child care as needed
• Complete all required paperwork
• Maintain client records and logs
• Ensure mothers supervise children
• Prepare rooms for new residents including washing, drying and putting away linen
• Attend staff meetings
• Provide transportation to residents as needed and adhere to all safety laws/policies regarding seat belts, car seat requirements and speed limits at all times.
• Administration of medications to residents
• Adhere to awake overnight accountability and reporting procedures
• Performs other related duties as needed.
Hourly Rate: $11.00* (*plus $1.25/hour shift differential for overnight shifts worked)
Job Location: Westfield
Please e-mail resume/cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal applicants must submit updated resumes with letters of interest.
Kimberly Chatel, HR Coord.
YWCA of Western MA, One Clough St., Spfld., MA 01118
(413) 732-3121, ext. 113 (413) 755-3236 (fax)
Type of position:
Human Services (UG)
Kimberly L. Chatel, Human Resources Coordinator
YWCA of Western Massachusetts
One Clough Street