Western Mass. Council of Boy Scouts of America
Position: Program Aide
Commitment: Give leadership to the development and maintenance of quality Scouting programs located in underserved communities.
• Ensure the delivery of quality programs in assigned Scouting unit.
– Review and become familiar with program materials.
– Follow the prescribed lesson plans, as outlined.
– Deliver uniforms, program materials, Scouting literature, and other support as
needed by youth and adult members throughout the year.
– Increase program quality through retention of youth and adults, advancement,
and youth participation.
– Complete Fast Start, Youth Protection, This is Scouting, leader-specific
training, and other advanced training deemed necessary for their areas of
• Recruit and support volunteers to help with meetings and activities.
• Encourage families to participate in a variety of scouting activities, including day camps, resident camps, pinewood derbies, camporees, etc.
– Help organize field trips, campouts, cultural activities, and other horizon-broadening experiences for youth members and leaders.
– Maintain good working relationships with scout leaders and members of the community.
– Aid in Fall and Spring recruiting efforts.
– Seek opportunities for program expansion and encourage and develop volunteer involvement from parents.
– Participate in scheduled or called meetings.
– Strive to ensure that every youth participant will have the opportunity to earn a
minimum of one rank advancement during the program year.
– 3 to 8 hours per week.
If you would like to apply for the position call Sean Farnam at 413-594-9196 ext. 7032.
Type of position:
Sean Farnam, District Executive
Boy Scouts of America, Western Massachusetts Council
1 Arch Road, Suite 5