Business Services Coord.
Job Location: Chicago
Primary responsibilities: convening/ maintaining business advisory task forces; working with business services teams toward integration of Illinois workNet; co-developing process and criteria for “certifying” business services teams through online courses; working collaboratively on improvements to Illinois workNet Businesses pathway; publishing statewide content to business services portal; providing reports and conducting ongoing evaluation that measures implementation and integration of business services.
Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree in workforce development, business, economics or related field. Minimum of one year experience in the following areas: knowledge of the workforce system and economic development in Illinois; working with statewide workforce development and economic development programs; web-based resource development; working with Illinois’ high-growth industry sectors, public or private sector entities, and state or federal agencies responsible for workforce development; using a content management system to publish and maintain portal content; and technical writing experience.
Preferred: Highly developed organizational and presentation skills; demonstrated expertise using programs in Microsoft Office Suite; experience using other software and technology-based support applications such as developing reports from databases; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is term, non-tenure accruing position located in Chicago to begin as soon as possible. Deadline for applications is May 20, 2013 or until filled.
Submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to:
Southern Illinois University
Center for Workforce Development
c/o Search Committee
2450 Foundation Drive
Springfield, IL 62703
SIUC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance its ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will receive consideration.
Position Description: Illinois workNet is a one-stop Internet portal for connecting employers and job seekers and expanding economic opportunity in Illinois. The Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity has provided a multi-million dollar grant to SIUC to facilitate design, develop and implement this ighly technical Internet portal. The Business Services Coordinator is responsible for a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
• Convene and maintain a business advisory task force composed of business representatives, LWIA representatives, state agency representatives, and others.
• Conduct presentations to include conferences and live Webinars through Local Workforce Investment Boards/Local Workforce Investment Areas, state agencies, private-sector vendors, and umbrella organizations such as chambers of commerce and SHRM.
• Work with Local Workforce Investment Area Business Services Teams toward integration of Illinois workNet.
• Work across State initiatives and agencies to highlight and market their business services.
• Work with an advisory group, curriculum writer, and partners to develop a process and criteria for “certifying” business services teams through an online course.
• Work with statewide content manager and application developer(s) to make improvements to the Illinois workNet Businesses pathway to include incremental improvements based on feedback.
• Publish statewide content to Illinois workNet business services.
• Provide reports and conduct ongoing evaluation that measures implementation and integration of Illinois workNet business services.
This position is responsible for working with business partnerships in high-growth industry, the private sector and state/federal agencies responsible for workforce development. Coordinating and facilitating activities for this variety of partnerships will require a significant degree of professionalism and diplomacy.
Type of position:
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Workforce & Educational Development
2450 Foundation Drive Suite 100