Asst. Director for Leadership & Community Service
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
ADVISING - CENTER FOR STUDENT DEVELOPMENT
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Assistant Director for Leadership and Community Service, under general supervision of the Director of Student Activities and Involvement (SAI), will independently facilitate leadership, life skills, community service, and/or group development programs for associated UMass students and implement program policy, including the instruction of university staff and faculty who work with the leadership and community service programs; and will provide related training, educational, and cultural programs for the campus community, assuming primary responsibility for student leadership development and community service opportunities. Duties include student staff supervision.
1. Master's Degree in a related field plus two years post-baccalaureate experience in the advisement and development of students in a higher education setting or Bachelor's degree in a related field plus six years’ experience as listed above. Experience in Student Activities preferred.
2. Knowledge of student and leadership development and experience working with diverse student populations.
3. Experience in community engagement and working with community service partners.
4. Experience in program planning and implementation and in training and workshop design.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications as well as database and software management.
6. Position requires some night and weekend hours.
Hiring Salary Range: $40,100 - $50,300. Normal Starting Salary: $40,100 - $45,200.
PROFESSIONAL STAFF SALARY ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM POSITION LEVEL 26.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume by the priority consideration date of May 13, 2013. However, applications will be accepted beyond that date; resume reviews will continue until the position is filled.
OFF-CAMPUS APPLICATIONS ONLY: Send application materials to: Search #R R45209,
Employment Office, 167 Whitmore Administration Building, University of Massachusetts,Amherst,MA 01003-8170.
Type of position:
University of Massachusetts
167 Whitmore Administration Building