Research Business Manager Liaison
The Research Business Manager Liaison (RBML) is a resource to faculty and research staff in School/College and institute offices with sponsored project administration and will provide leadership, training, and project management services to ensure timely, high quality, and coordinated research administrative services. The RBML will play an integral part in developing and implementing a network across the Amherst campus to facilitate and encourage collaborative discourses and enhanced service delivery systems.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration,
financial management, or related field OR Bachelor’s degree plus
2. Three or more years of experience in pre- and post-award processes,
research and fiscal compliance, information technologies, and/or
technology transfer in an academic, research institute, corporate,
audit, or government environment.
3. Demonstrated experience in the interpretation and application of
regulations pertaining to sponsored programs.
4. Preference given to experience with higher education research programs.
5. Experience with the development of budgets and/or proposals in
accordance with agency or institutional guidelines under tight
6. Ability to interpret and translate programmatic needs into cost
effective budget proposals to maximize funding opportunities.
7. Ability to analyze complex situations, identify workable solutions,
and effectively balance service with regulatory compliance.
8. Ability to work effectively, prioritize, and be flexible in a high-
paced, high-volume professional environment.
9. Outstanding organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects
simultaneously, capable of self-direction, ability to deal
diplomatically with people at all levels, a high degree of personal
integrity and discretion, solid decision-making skills, and judgment.
10. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
11. Intermediate level of experience with Excel and Word.
Hiring Salary Range: $40,100-$50,300 Normal Starting Salary: $40,100-$45,200
Submit letter of application listing relevant specific experience, résumé, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references. The search has been extended. The new priority deadline for applications is September 21, 2012, but the extended search will remain open until the positions are filled.
Send application materials to: Search #R43625,
Employment Office, 167 Whitmore Administration Building, University of
Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003-8170.
The Position Description for the Research Business Manager Liaison can be viewed in its entirety at http://www.umass.edu/research/research-business-manager-network.
Type of position:
University of Massachusetts
167 Whitmore Administration Building