Here is your opportunity to join the design team responsible for creating product and packaging for Yankee Candle, America's Best Loved Candle Brand! If you are a creative, self-directed individual ready to become part of a dynamic organization where your thoughts and design ideas will be acknowledged and live in a worldwide brand, then our in-house marketing team is the place for you. Working with the Fragrance, Trend & Design Development Team, you will be responsible for preparing electronic design files for production and packaging graphics across all product design categories, as assigned. The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
• Critical technical decisions impacting design content, including color, layout and text.
• Preparing electronic design files for prepress and production activities, including layout of text and images into pre-designed templates, working within pre-established guidelines, and in adherence to corporate and business unit branding guidelines.
• Interpreting designer's vision into print ready deliverables including variable sizes and shapes, custom bleeds, correct die lines, spot colors, etc., adapting as needed to achieve effective and efficient design.
• Applying knowledge of latest materials and print technologies, when making critical art production decisions.
• Managing image assets within a digital image database.
• Preparing PDF versions of creative files, managing internal proofing, and final art release within deadlines.
• Maintaining a high level of detail while working with deadline time pressures, and changing priorities.
• Assisting graphic designers as needed with mockups, sampling, and file preparation.
• Reviewing/approving vendor proofs for content & color; attending press checks.
• Making critical decisions on color corrections and printing errors. Understanding impact of decisions to cost and design deadlines.
• Participating in continuous improvement practices as assigned to keep each work process efficient and effective.
• Interacting with printers regarding prepping print ready files.
• A two year degree/certificate in Graphics Design or Equivalent work experience plus a minimum of two years previous Product Packaging graphics work preferred.
• Thorough understanding or prepress and on-press production processes.
• Must be able to pass GATF color identification test.
• Thorough understanding of graphic preparation, file management and production processes.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite CS5: Illustrator, Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Suite.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Proven interpersonal skills, and written/verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or in team environments in a fast paced, time sensitive changing environment.
• Strong attention to detail, ability to be well organized and to maintain a high level of efficiency. Experience in coordinating photography and illustration a plus.
Flexibility in work schedule is also required; this may include possible extended hours with minimal notice to meet project expectations.
This is an exempt position with the salary and benefits you expected of an Industry Leader.
To Apply, please visit www.yankeecandle.com and click on the "Careers Section" of our web-site.
Type of position:
Computer Graphics / Interactve Digital Arts
Brittany Brynn, Corporate Recruiter
Yankee Candle Company, Inc.
16 Yankee Candle Way
P.O. Box 110
http://www.yankeecandle.com (Visit Website)