Job Summary/Responsibilities: Web Manager will develop, oversee and maintain the content of the salemstate.edu website and other electronic communications (including social media) as an inspiring, high-quality information resource for the public including prospective students of all disciplines, press, alumni, and donor audiences, and for internal resources. The web manager reports to the director of marketing and creative services and may function as a project manager for special initiatives. The manager serves as a key team member supporting departments across the campus in addition to marketing and communications.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication, writing and editing skills. Usability, metrics gathering and presentation experience is a plus. Working knowledge of current social media best practices is essential. The manager will be an active and engaged team members across multiple project teams, responsible for identifying next steps and proactively following up.
Required Qualifications: 1. Bachelor's in communications, information science or equivalent tech/information related degree.
2. Three to five years of experience in managing online content and operations.
3. HTML and CSS; prior experience working in a web content management system are helpful
4. Information Architecture or Usability (IX) training
5. Familiarity with graphics editing programs such as Adobe Photoshop a plus.
6. Working knowledge of Google Analytics.
7. Experience with OpenText or other web-based CMS.
8. Knowledge of and a commitment to web standards.
9. Experience managing projects in a cross-departmental setting.
10. Understanding of the needs and challenges in developing a decentralized, community website.
11. Understanding of site-architecture, usability, and basic interface design principles.
12. Social media experience including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
13. Ability to think creatively and problem solve effectively.
14. Excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
15. Ability to work quickly, multi-task, prioritze, establish timelines, and meet deadlines.
16. Ability to complete tasks and detail-oriented work effectively and accurately, in a timely manner.
17. Excellent business writing for the web or writing in a similar concise style.
18. Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written).
19. Excellent writing and editing skills.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Skill in maintaining a positive and helpful attitude while motivating others to meet deadlines.
2. Willingness to work in teams.
3. Ability to work independently with minimum guidance
4. Strong proofreading skills a plus.
5. Ability to work closely with others who have a hand in web publishing.
6. Experience working with youth from a wide variety of cultures.
7. Demonstrated interest in public higher education.
Special Instructions: Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the University. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Contact: Salem State University
Online App. Form: https://jobs.salemstate.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51284&jtsrc=www.hi gheredjobs.com&jtrfr=www.peopleadmin.com&adorig=PA
Type of position:
Computer and Information Science
Salem State University
352 Lafayette Street