Assoc. Dir. of Career Development
Job Summary/Responsibilities: The Associate Director of Career Development is a key member of the leadership team of the Career Services Office. The Associate Director will establish programs and services in support of the University's desired goals concerning the career outcomes for students and graduates. Of particular importance is expanding the career readiness of all graduates and increasing the percentage of graduates with internship experience. The Associate Director will work alongside the Director in establishing and managing strategic partnerships and relationships with university academic and administrative departments.
Required Qualifications: 1. Possess academic credentials and experience necessary to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position. Bachelor's degree required, master's preferred.
2. Possess a reasonable knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of higher education and career services.
3. Thorough and proven knowledge of various computer systems including various database systems and their applications in higher education.
4. Professional competence as an administrator as evidenced by personal growth and recognized development.
5. Knowledge of Career Services and management automation registration processes, managing career development of students and alumni, and ability to work with a diverse population.
6. Excellent communication and organizational skills required. Must be able to set priorities and meet deadlines. Experience in creation, distribution and analysis of surveys needed.
7. Knowledge of and demonstrable experience in all facets of this position as described in the duties segment of this job description.
Special Instructions: Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the University..
Online App. Form: https://jobs.salemstate.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51282&jtsrc=www.hi gheredjobs.com&jtrfr=www.peopleadmin.com&adorig=PA
Type of position:
Salem State University
352 Lafayette Street