IT Services Analyst (Evening)
The IT Services Analyst is primarily responsible for direct Tier 2 technical support for the Babson community. Second level resolution support methods will include telephone support, remote access to client machines, email support, assistance to walk-in users, and on-site support at the user’s location. Technicians are expected to be able to support all basic software functions of the primary supported software, as well as be knowledgeable in the basics of hardware troubleshooting.
• Delivers high quality technical support, including accurate problem identification, proper logging of problem type, and timely escalation if necessary.
• Provides various methods of support with primary duties including remote user support, especially Fast Track students and faculty.
• Communicates with end users, both verbally and in writing, regarding problem resolution status, upcoming system changes, ITSD policies and any other necessary communication.
• Upholds a proficiency in the use of chosen service support tools, both software and hardware.
• Maintains skills with standard Babson toolbox, in particular, Blackboard, Collaborate, Brainshark, Panopto, SharePoint, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
• Generates reports and analyzes service desk metrics.
• Assists with Tier 3 troubleshooting and system management which may include checking servers/switches, performing reboots if necessary, and some other similar tasks.
• Assists with supervision and training of student staff.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required: BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience and certification.
Minimum Level of Experience Required: 2-4 years experience in direct technical support; prior higher education experience preferred.
Working Conditions: This position is a Sunday – Thursday (4:00 pm – Midnight) schedule; On-call.
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent troubleshooting skills with experience in technical support, particularly in desktop hardware, operating system, LAN and web-based technologies
• Proven knowledge of Microsoft and Apple operating system platforms
• Demonstrated experience with common software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and SharePoint.
• Experience using Blackboard preferred
• Ability to work independently, in particular with remote users, and as part of a team
• Ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies
• Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted U.S. driver’s license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Babson’s insurance carrier
Apply online: https://babson.peopleadmin.com/
Type of position:
Computer and Information Science
Jennifer Ericson, Assistant Class Dean