Sports & Recreation
Head Men’s Soccer Coach
Function: Under the direction of the Director of Athletics develops and implements all facets of
the men’s soccer program at Gordon College. The level of responsibility includes not only those
areas of the sport, but also a responsibility to the emotional and spiritual well being of the
participants. The outcomes of the program will be measured not only by the conventional means
of measuring athletic success, but also by the ability of the coach to fulfill the mission of the
college. This will be demonstrated by the production of student-athletes who are ready to be
productive and positive members of society and who have the spiritual and emotional maturity
necessary for positive Christian leadership.
1. Develops a successful program, including a positive win/loss record, as well as successful
spiritual mentoring of the young men and women who participate.
2. Recruits players who fit, and contribute to the mission of Gordon College and of the
3. Directs and supervises all aspects of the men’s soccer program, including organization
and direction of team practices, game coaching, and other duties appropriate to the
4. Develops, in conjunction with the facilities coordinator, a practice schedule and facilities
5. Participates in professional activities and associations of college soccer coaches.
6. Develops and maintains discipline within the men’s soccer program.
7. Manages the men’s soccer budget with integrity.
8. Schedules games for the men’s soccer program in conjunction with the scheduling
coordinator within the guidelines of the NCAA, the CCC, and the institution.
For full description and to apply visit: http://www.gordon.edu/jobs
Type of position:
Sports Movement and Recreation
255 Grapevine Road