Allied Health Sciences
Therapeutic Recreation Therapist (TRD)
Location: Fairfield, CT
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Therapeutic Recreation
Unit/Shift Hours: Days K2
Description: Summary: Perform diversified duties to organize and conduct therapeutic recreation activities.
Reports To: Coordinator, Therapeutic Recreation
Duties: Essential Responsibilities:
1. Organize and carryout appropriate group activities and one-to-one sessions to enhance sensory motor, cognitive and psychosocial skills.
2. Complete documentation of resident/patient assessment, progress notes, attendance MED A documentation, discharge summaries in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
3. Input MDS/care plan data and attend RCP meetings.
4. Transport resident to and from scheduled activity area. Prepare activity area.
5. Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies and notify Coordinator of needs.
6. Drive Jewish Home vehicles as required for outings; attend and participate in a variety of staff meetings. Maintain regular attendance.
7. The TRD will exhibit leadership qualities, mentor residents, and engage them when participating in recreation programs
8. The TRD will demonstrate the ability to facilitate group process and will also be able to manage the interpersonal needs of the residents.
9. The TRD will demonstrate the ability to assess and document the needs and progress of the residents.
10. The TRD will participate on Resident community outings as required, demonstrating Resident safety.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and TRD Certification
Experience: No experience necessary
Licensure: Valid driver’s license
Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines; Ability to read and communicate effectively; Ability to utilize various software packages to carry out position responsibilities.
This description of responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Apply online: http://jhe.iapplicants.com/
Type of position:
Therapeutic Recreation Services
The Jewish Home for the Elderly
Sports & Recreation
175 Jefferson Street