Sports & Recreation
Aquatics Manager-Summer 2013
The Town of Lexington is looking for an energetic and organized person for the position of Aquatics Manager. The Aquatics Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Irving H. Mabee Town Pool Complex and the Old Reservoir, which includes but is not limited to record keeping, staff scheduling and supervision, payroll, weekly in-service training sessions, waterfront safety, organizing swim meets, and other related duties as assigned. This is a seasonal position that runs from approximately mid-May through Labor Day.
· Minimum of twenty-one years of age.
· Be in possession of current Red Cross or American Heart CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification (CPR-FPR)
· Be in possession of a current Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certification or YMCA Lifeguard Certification (includes Standard First Aid/Community First Aid and Safety)
· Be in possession of a valid Water Safety Instructor (r.09) Level I and /or Level II Certification.
· Demonstrated previous experiences in charge of a waterfront facility, including supervision of staff, scheduling, staff training and swim programs
General Responsibility: To ensure safety and quality programs at the Town Pool and Old Res. Enforce all staff policies and supervise staff. Report to: Recreation Supervisor and/or Recreation Director.
· Responsible for day-to-day operation of the Town Pool and Old Res.
· Ensure the safety of all bathers at the Town Pool and Old Res.
· Manage all activities at the Town Pool and Old Res.
· Scheduling for all aquatics staff.
· Supervision and evaluation of all aquatics staff.
· Oversee the maintenance of the bathhouse and restrooms.
· Oversee any first aid emergencies and review first aid records for completeness.
· Record daily activities of facility in daily logbook.
· Oversee handling of money for guests and lessons.
· Maintain inventory of first aid equipment, rest room papers, cleaning materials, course and safety equipment, and notify Recreation Department when supplies are low.
· Handle discipline issues as they arise.
· Take command and responsibility during emergency situations.
· Assist with swim lesson registration.
· Perform life guarding or teach lessons when necessary.
· See that all Recreation Department policies and procedures relating to waterfront facilities are carried out.
· Facilitate all special projects, staff meetings, in-service training, and staff fitness programs.
· Submit written summary of summer activities, make recommendations, do staff evaluations, note problems, etc., at end of season.
· Sign in and out for each day's work or change in duty.
· Wear assigned uniform while on duty (whistle, bathing suit, shorts and staff shirt).
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
For additional information, please contact the Lexington Recreation Department at (781) 862-0500 x254 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled and review of applications will begin immediately.
Peter Coleman, CPRP
Town of Lexington
1625 Massachusetts Avenue
Lexington, MA 02420
(781) 862-0500 ext. 254
Fax: (781) 861-2747
Type of position:
Peter Coleman, CPRP, Rec. Supervisor
Town of Lexington
1625 Mass. Ave.