Bilingual Intake Worker - Sat./Sun.
Part-time Bilingual Intake Worker
Every other Saturday/Sunday 3-11p
• A.A. or equivalent education or experience in a human service field.
• One year of direct service experience and familiar with issues of violence against women.
• Bilingual/Spanish-speaking required.
• Must have valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and telephone.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer 24 hour Intake Line for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services
• Enters hotline statistics, intakes and other documents into computer database
• Log-in to daily bed-update system and maintain bed tracking log
• Conducts shelter and community-based intake
• Maintains communication with shelter and community-based staff
• Completes all required paperwork
• Maintains client records
• Attends staff meetings as required
• Provide transportation to residents and adhere to all safety laws/policies regarding seat belts, car seat requirements and speed limits at all times.
• Assists with staffing shelter during crisis situations
• Assists with possible childcare as needed
• Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the facility and property (including, but not limited to: vacuuming, laundry, loading/unloading groceries, shoveling, raking, mopping)
• Performs other related duties as needed.
Date posted: 1/29/13 Location: Springfield Pay Rate: $11.00/hour
Please e-mail resume/cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of position:
Human Services (UG)
Kimberly L. Chatel, Human Resources Coordinator
YWCA of Western Massachusetts
One Clough Street