Full-time Monday – Friday 8:00a – 4:00p.
• B.A., A.A., or equivalent education or experience in a human service field
• Extensive experience working with victims of domestic violence
• Familiarity with court systems and legal issues affecting victims of domestic violence
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals
• Bilingual Spanish-speaking preferred
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Meet with victims of domestic violence at the court house
• Provide information for and assist victims on legal options and the process to obtain a protective order.
• Provide in-court advocacy at assigned court
• Make necessary referrals to criminal justice victim services and community support services
• Conduct comprehensive safety planning for victims and their children
• Make referrals to YWCA and other domestic violence programs, other social service programs and the district attorney’s office as necessary
• Collaborate with victim witness advocates, agency staff, and other service program in an effort to provide a continuum of care to victims
• Attend all required SAFEPLAN meetings and trainings
• Assist with training of staff and volunteers in SAFEPLAN responsibilities
• Maintain current files and complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
• Attend all YWCA staff and supervision meetings as required
• Other relevant duties as needed.
Location: Northampton Probate Court. Hourly Rate: $12.00. Please e-mail resume/cover letter to: email@example.com
Type of position:
Human Services (UG)
Kimberly L. Chatel, Human Resources Coordinator
YWCA of Western Massachusetts
One Clough Street