Special Projects Coord.-Residential Life (2 openings)
Job Location: Westfield State University, Westfield, MA 01086
Requisition Number: T1316
Department: RESIDENTIAL LIFE
Number of Hours Per Week if Part Time: 25 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: 07/15/2013
Pay Basis: Bi-Weekly
• Perform responsibilities in the functional area of Housing, Residence Education, Staff Development or New Student and Parent Orientation as assigned.
• Serve on Residential Life committees as assigned and appropriate.
• Participate in the Professional Staff on-call duty rotation.
• Attend and/or present at all Resident Assistant and Professional Staff Trainings.
• Provide programming through the Owl Advantage Program during assigned month in collaboration with the Assistant Director for Residence Education.
• Support all departmental functions throughout the year including student and professional staff selection, Departmental Staff Meetings, Housing Sign-Up and New Student Orientation or other areas as identified/needed.
• Abide by all Residential Life and University policies while residing on-campus and report any violations or concerns to the appropriate staff.
To view detailed job descriptions for each functional area, please visit our website, www.westfield.ma.edu/reslife.
A Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience is required. Candidates should display strong interpersonal skills, the ability to interact with a diverse population and have past leadership experience in a college/university setting.
Acceptance into a graduate program of studies at an area institution and Residential Life experience is preferred. Candidates should display strong interpersonal skills, the ability to interact with a diverse population and have past leadership experience in a college/university setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a 10-month, part time, live-in position with the option for an extended summer contract. The contract for this position can be renewed for a term pending successful evaluation with a maximum term of three years (two years if not enrolled in an academic degree program). Compensation includes a single occupancy room in a shared apartment, partial meal plan and bi-weekly stipend for 20 office hours per week. This individual is supervised by the Assistant Director or Staff Associate and is expected to live on campus for the duration of his/her employment. This position is classified as an 0-3 Institutional, part-time employee.
NOTE: A resume, cover letter and a document containing contact information for three to five references are required attachments to the application. An unofficial transcript for highest degree is also required, however, applicants who do not have the document available electronically may forward a paper copy to:
Chair, Special Projects Coordinator Search
Office of Residential Life
Westfield State University
P.O. Box 1630
Westfield, MA 01086-1630
FOR THOSE WHO ARE VIEWING THIS JOB POSTING FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE,YOU MUST APPLY USING THE UNIVERSITY’S ONLINE JOB SITE TO BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE USE THIS APPLICATION QUICK LINK TO APPLY: http://jobs.westfield.ma.edu/postings/1051
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until finalists have been selected.
Type of position:
Westfield State University
577 Western Ave.