DIRECTOR OF ORGANIZATIONAL METRICS
ISENBERG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts Amherst is
seeking a Director of Organizational Metrics. This position will report directly to
the Dean of the Isenberg School and work with Associate Deans, Department Chairs,
University Office of Institutional Research, Chase Career Center, Isenberg alumni,
faculty, staff and other stakeholders to develop and implement assessment procedures.
The Director of Organizational Metrics will plan and manage (in coordination with the
Dean’s office) Isenberg’s ongoing data collection, analysis, and reporting needs
related to critical AACSB accreditation and assessment of learning related to our
undergraduate BBA Program, Accounting Program, and MBA Program. The Director of
Organizational Metrics will also gather, analyze, and interpret data necessary for
continuous process improvement in areas such as curriculum, career and professional
development activities, business school ranking efforts, recruiter and student
satisfaction, student placement and tracking, in-state and out-of-state student
recruitment, and other initiatives in alignment with Isenberg’s overall strategic
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, Social Science, Public
Policy or related field with a strong quantitative focus plus five (5) years of
relevant experience OR Master’s degree in Business Administration, Education,
Social Science, Public Policy or related field with a strong quantitative focus
plus three (3) years of relevant experience
2. Thorough knowledge of statistical methods and proficiency in the use of
sophisticated analytical software.
3. Demonstrated ability to successfully execute initiatives in a higher education setting.
4. Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects in high pressure, time sensitive
situations, while maintaining a commitment to quality.
5. Experience in assessing, developing and reengineering processes.
6. Commitment to ideals of continuous improvement, supported by outstanding
analytical, administrative and communication skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to work across all levels of multidimensional organization as
an agent of change.
8. Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and
9. Ability to learn Isenberg’s educational philosophy, curricula and institutional
programs, specifically pertaining to the undergraduate and MBA programs.
10. Proficiency with Survey Software and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically
spreadsheet and database skills.
11. Ability and willingness to travel.
Send letter of application, resume, and three letters of reference with contact information. Priority deadline is October 15, 2012. Search will remain open until
position is filled.
Hiring Salary Range: $48,800 - $61,200 Normal Starting Salary: $48,800 - $55,000.
Send application materials to: Search # R42554,
Employment Office, 167 Whitmore Administration Building, University of
Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003-8170.
Hiring Salary Range: $36,500 - $45,700 Normal Starting Salary: $36,500 - $41,100.
Type of position:
University of Massachusetts
167 Whitmore Administration Building