In coordination with the Division of Strategic Communications and External Relations, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for establishing division-wide uniformity and cohesion in Student Life's communication, coordinating educational and support material for the CLASS initiative, coordinating material for the First Year Experience, including Student Orientation, and Navigating Rensselaer and Beyond, and providing support to the Athletic Department communication operations.
The Communications Specialist will develop objectives and strategies to enhance the Student Life Division operations, and its interaction with the student body and broader Institute community, including highlighting our innovative programming, numerous opportunities and deep commitment to a vibrant and supportive student experience.
Minimum Qualifications - Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, graphic design, IT, or related field.
- 2-4 years experience in communications and sports information/media relations.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities - Ability to utilize and prioritize when covering multiple tasks which occur simultaneously
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Planning, organizing and effective time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Strong writing skills, computer experience, knowledge of web site maintenance
- Knowledge of NCAA, ECAC and Liberty League rules.
- Willingness to work long hours including nights and weekends.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Demonstrated abilities with statistical software
Apply online: https://rpijobs.rpi.edu
Type of position:
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 Eighth Street