Program Coord. - Amherst
Road Scholar is the world's largest provider of educational travel programs for the mature travel market. With 9 offices, annual revenues of $150MM and programs in over 100 countries, we are busy! Check us out at http://www.roadscholar.org.
We currently have an opening in beautiful Amherst, MA for a PROGRAM COORDINATOR with emphasis on our Afloat Cruise Programs, worldwide. This junior position will start in early February, 2013. The Town of Amherst, in the lovely Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, is a diverse, inclusive community offering numerous educational and cultural opportunities. Host to Amherst College, Hampshire College, and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, the Town enjoys a tradition of open, professional, and high level of government services, quality education, support for open space and agriculture, and respect for its history.
The PROGRAM COORDINATOR is responsible for the quality and success of operations of all new and existing Road Scholar educational travel programs within an assigned program load. S/he ensures that programs consistently receive solid evaluation scores, operate within budget and meet operational guidelines. Establishes and maintains consistent communication with overseas providers and program personnel. Works with Program Managers, overseas providers and vendors to write, proof and update program marketing and informational materials and catalogues accurately and on time. Works closely with the Program Managers ensuring that the needed program reports, lists and materials are created and sent on deadline on before. Tracks data in several databases. Assists as needed, with the research and development of new programs and the development and analysis of program budgets and the communication of all costing and contracting issues within the department. Some travel required.
Required Education, Background and Competencies
• Bachelor's Degree required; graduate degree a plus
• Two+ years of professional work experience preferred; travel industry a major plus
• Hard worker; highly productive and efficient; ability to achieve within a demanding, hectic, small team-based office environment; the ability to work independently under pressure when necessary; willingness to put in time necessary to meet deadlines and complete assigned projects
• Professional behavior, dress, and attitude; polished verbal, written, email and phone communicator
• Systems adept; hands-on approach to managing data; proficient with databases and reports; good with numbers; quality and detail-driven; excellent proofreader
Road Scholar offers a competitive salary and good benefits, including medical, dental, free Life/LTD insurance, generous paid time off, travel benefit, retirement plan with 100% match and stimulating, congenial colleagues.
If you have the above qualifications, please send a non-generic cover letter with salary expectations (a MUST for consideration, a range is fine), resume and writing sample of either a one-page précis of a current world event or of your most recent international travel experience, in MS Word to email@example.com. No calls, please. Road Scholar supports diversity in its staff and its programs. Thank you!
Type of position:
11 Avenue de Lafayette