Infant/Toddler Head Teacher
Branch: Wheeler Regional Family YMCA
Location: Plainville, CT
Date of Posting: December 4, 2012
Type of Job: Part-time M-F 8:15 a.m – 3 p.m.
The Wheeler Regional Family YMCA is seeking a cause driven, innovative Infant/Toddler Head Teacher to join their team. Under the direction of
the Child Care Director, the Infant/Toddler Head Teacher works for the YMCA of Greater Hartford and is responsible for the development,
coordination, planning, administration, supervision, and delivery of the infant/toddler age child care programming. Staff members must be qualified
by training and experience to carry out their respective functions in the administration, operation and maintenance of the infant/toddler child care
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all
times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford is conveyed.
The incumbent must:
· Be at least 18 years of age AND possess an Associates degree in Early Childhood Education AND two years direct experience working
with children ages 6 weeks to 3 years.
· Bachelor’s Degree with 12 credits in child development, elementary education, physical education, recreation or related field AND 2 year’s
direct experience working with children under the age of 3 years, preferred but not required.
· Bring to this position maturity, responsibility, and a sincere interest in working with children.
· Have very strong interpersonal and organization skills.
· Possess a general knowledge and understanding of the YMCA, its goals, and its mission.
· Knowledge of various resources for programming ideas and the skills to utilize that information in directing daily activities.
· Computer literacy in the use of Windows-based programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
· This position will function as a key member of the total team in developing community relations as well as interpretations of YMCA
programming to the public.
Employment is subject to a background check.
HOW TO APPLY
· Send Employment Application, Cover Letter and Resume to Clarissa Santos at email@example.com.
· Applications are available online at www.ghymca.org.
· No phone calls please.
Effect on End Results:
· The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the
· The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member
enrollment and retention.
· Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.
The YMCA of Greater Hartford is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Type of position:
YMCA of Greater Hartford - Metropolitan Offices
241 Trumball Street