Direct Care Residential Counselor
Part time position by servicenet / in Amherst
Developmental/ Brain Injury Services
Join our dynamic team! Make a difference in the lives of others. Come to work in an environment where you connect with other people, engage in meaningful relationships, and help foster opportunities in the lives of others.
We have a part time position available at a new all female Developmental/Brain Injury Services residence in Amherst. Hours will be 20/week, Monday through Friday.
$11.40/hr plus benefits.
• Work to provide a healthy home-like atmosphere in the house or apartment by performing related housekeeping duties and food shopping/cooking duties in accordance with ServiceNet Health and Safety Standards.
• Attending to the daily affairs and welfare of all consumers during each assigned shift. This includes but is not limited to: training and assisting with all activities of daily living (laundry, help with dressing, showering, and completion of personal hygiene routines depending on the capabilities of the individual), recreational and socialization programming and supervision, supervision of tasks within the home and in the community.
• Provide transportation to work, medical appointments, leisure activities, etc… using an agency supplied vehicle. In outreach programs, employees may be required to use their personal vehicles, obtain proper insurance and be reimbursed by ServiceNet.
• Writing clear and objective log notes, progress notes, and any other consumer record keeping that may be assigned.
• Attending weekly staff meetings, biweekly supervisory sessions, and other meeting as scheduled.
• Upholding client confidentiality and following applicable HIPAA guidelines.
• Responding quickly and effectively to emergency situations.
• All other relevant duties as assigned by the Program Director, or his/her designee.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE JOB:
• Employee must be able to drive, have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record and have reliable transportation (where applicable).
• Employee must be able to perform CPR, conduct a non-violent restraint, and conduct a fire drill.
• Employee must be able to lift 10-25 pounds.
• Experience working with the DBIS population.
• Must be female for all female residential requirements
• Valid driver’s license (At time of hire and maintained)
• TB Screen with negative results (At time of hire)
• CPR and 1st Aid Certifications (company will train)
• Medication Certification (Within 6 months of hire and maintained)
• Motor Vehicle Record (At time of hire and maintained)
To apply : Download application; click here. Please complete and return with resume and cover letter. Cite Search #461J
Type of position:
Human Services (UG)
Human Resources Department
129 King Street