Working directly with department managers, this position is responsible for the recruitment of both exempt and non-exempt positions within our Corporate functions. The successful candidate will be a proven recruiter operating with a high level of efficiency. Specific responsibilities will include:
● Pro-actively establish short and long-term recruiting strategies; collaborating with internal clients to design specific recruitment and selection processes, considering headcount, internal variables, and budgetary considerations to ensure departmental and organizational needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
● Interview, evaluate and recommend qualified candidates for non-exempt and exempt level positions, proactively communicating with managers and supervisors as to the status of the recruitment process.
● Complete reference checks, background checks/, employment testing and extend offers for positions.
● Coordinate and attends open houses, job fairs and other employment events. Ensures that events are organized and properly staffed, candidate follow-up is complete and to the established standards.
● Responsible for administering internal job posting process for major business area, completing paperwork associated with the hiring process and updating/maintaining HRIS system pertaining to recruitment.
● Research, update, implement and assist in managing recruitment programs for the assigned business area.
This position has the responsibility to make day to day decisions for the recruiting function as well as advise and assist senior management on significant issues outside of this scope. This position is exposed to confidential information related to human resources, payroll information and strategic initiatives undertaken by the Company.
• 5-7 yrs of recruiting experience, preferably within a corporate, CPG environment. BA preferred.
• Proven ability to source via internet search tools, as well as non-traditional sourcing methods.
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving, decision making, and organizational skills.
• The ability to effectively interact externally with the public and internally with all levels of employees.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects while effectively self-prioritizing individual workload.
• Strong verbal, written and platform communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information.
Flexibility in work schedule is required including the ability to work extended hours as operational needs require.
This position is subject to a criminal background check and potentially and an education verification as part of the application process. At the time of interview, internal and external applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the company to conduct criminal background check and/or education verification.
The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law. EOE/M/F/D/V
Apply at www.yankeecandle.com
Type of position:
Brittany Brynn, Corporate Recruiter
Yankee Candle Company, Inc.
16 Yankee Candle Way
P.O. Box 110
http://www.yankeecandle.com (Visit Website)