Sports & Recreation
Operations Intern - Junior Golf Assoc.
AMERICAN JUNIOR GOLF ASSOCIATION
TRAVELING INTERNSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
The AJGA is looking for talented and well-rounded applicants to serve as tournament operations interns. The tournament operations intern is an entry-level position and you must turn 21 years old prior to May 19, 2013. The interns will travel extensively throughout the United States during the internship to help conduct national junior golf tournaments.
Tournament Operations Internship Job Responsibilities:
· On-course rules officiating
· General tournament set-up and preparation
· Golf course set-up and preparation
· Starting and scoring of players
· Efficiency, multi-tasking and time management
· Monitoring equipment inventory, maintenance and replenishment
· Public speaking
· Customer Service
· Operation and maintenance of company vehicles · Working with golf course staff, sponsors and stakeholders
· Maintaining and working within a tournament budget
Tournament Operations Internship Job Qualifications:
· Golf knowledge is a plus, but not mandatory
· Experience in event management/operations is a plus
· Past experience in a team environment, i.e. college athlete
· Ability to work and communicate in a team atmosphere
· Highly motivated and self-starter
· Willingness to take an active leadership role
· Excellent communication and public speaking skills
· Basic computer knowledge and skills (Microsoft Office)
· Must be at least 21 years old prior to May 19, 2013
· Must either be working towards or achieved a Bachelor’s Degree
· Work outside in extreme weather and temperatures
· Work in direct sun exposure
· Drive and operate company vans and trailers and travel via plane if necessary
· Drive and operate a golf cart
· Use and operate company equipment, i.e. radios/walkie-talkies
· Ability to spot golf balls on the course
· Stand and walk for extended periods of time
· Communicate both verbally and in writing
· Lift equipment up to approximately 50 pounds
Benefits and Compensation:
· In order to be considered for full-time employment with the AJGA, you must complete an internship with the AJGA.
· The AJGA will pay a $200 per week stipend for the spring and a $225 per week stipend for the summer. · All tournament-related expenses (lodging, food, gas and laundry) will be paid by the AJGA.
· In limited instances a week off could happen for a team. In this case all travel, food and lodging will be on each individual if they determine to go home or stay in the city in which they are located. In this case, time off is unpaid.
· Travel to and from Atlanta prior to and after the internship will be on a stipend basis.
· Each intern will be provided with an assortment of Polo Golf/Polo Ralph Lauren clothing, Under Armour shoes and Sundog sunglasses.
Each candidate must complete:
· Application – can be found at www.ajga.org/careers under “Apply Now”
· Cover letter
· Three-year state issued driving record
· One written letter of recommendation and three references
All items MUST be submitted all at ONCE via email, mail or fax. Please address all materials to:
Ms. Lauren Shelly
Manager of Recruiting and Special Events
American Junior Golf Association - 1980 Sports Club Drive - Braselton, GA 30517
Phone: 770-868-4200 ext. 1753
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants will not be considered unless all materials are submitted. Upon receipt of all materials an email will be sent to you. Pending the review of your application and successfully moving to the next stage of the hiring process a consent form for a criminal background check will be sent to you.
Priority Spring Deadline: October 31, 2012 by 5 p.m. EST
Final Spring Deadline: November 14, 2012 by 5 p.m. EST
Priority Summer Deadline: November 28, 2012 by 5 p.m. EST
Final Summer Deadline: January 11, 2013 by 5 p.m. EST
Finalists for the summer internship will be REQUIRED to attend a recruiting weekend in Atlanta March 8 – 10, 2013. The AJGA will provide lodging, food and will reimburse a portion of travel expenses.
If you wish to be considered for both the spring and summer internship, all materials must be submitted by the spring deadline. NO APPLICATIONS (or pieces of application materials) WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE.
For questions regarding the internship, please contact Lauren Shelly at email@example.com .
Type of position:
American Junior Golf Association
Sports & Recreation
1980 Sports Club Drive