Visual Merchandise Manager
The Visual Merchandising Manager is primarily responsible for implementing overall visual merchandising and store experience for a rapidly growing specialty retailer. Responsible for managing and creating visually appealing and innovative product merchandise displays for the seasonal store set each quarter supporting brand integrity for the Wholesale business unit. The successful candidate will strategize with a complex- cross functional team to successfully execute corporate and divisional business objectives to bring the yankee store experience to the customer, and deliver floor set designs that meet budget guidelines and aggressive timelines.
• Manage the design of high quality, innovative planograms based on overall vision through partnered decisions.
• Incorporate visual fundamentals including appropriate fixturing and seasonal props into design concepts.
• Manage assigned visual staff and process for scheduling, marketing and planogramming timelines.
• Manage the design and set planograms in mock store for seasonal display walk through presentations. Adjusts presentations rapidly incorporating products, props, and marketing communication strategy as needed to secure final approval of seasonal store sets.
• Lead the creation of innovative in store-presentations supporting key business objectives that resonate with our business unit customer.
• Conduct walkthroughs of seasonal presentations in the mock store to executive level with excellent communication, agility and confidence to meet the needs of all levels within the organization.
• Manage communication to various business partners ensuring successful execution of visual display programs. May manage, develop and conduct training on visual technique, improvisation and unique visual solutions.
• Work with key business partners to develop and create solutions for visual issues as they arise.
• Attend appropriate trade and gift shows and may have responsibility for the design and layout of trade/gifts showrooms. Will also coordinate special event visual set ups and conference rooms as needed.
• Develop merchandise layouts working with senior management and marketing to determine goals, researching trends and sales as well as consulting on visual presentation concepts.
Based primarily in corporate office, but requires travel for store visits, set ups and occasional trade shows. Professionalism, maturity and confidentiality is required while dealing with outside vendors. There are visual budget parameters that need to be adhered to.
• Bachelor's Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and 3-5 years Visual Merchandising Experience in a Wholesale environment.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to train and mentor others.
• Previous CDU design experience along with photo imaging, planogramming and cad software experience a plus.
• Knowledge of planogram software as well as proficiency with ms office applications.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral. Previous vendor relationship experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work in an ever-changing environment with efficiency and accuracy.
Flexibility in work schedule is required including the ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as operational need may require.
To Apply, please visit www.yankeecandle.com and click on the "Careers Section" of our web-site.
Type of position:
Computer Graphics / Interactve Digital Arts
Brittany Brynn, Corporate Recruiter
Yankee Candle Company, Inc.
16 Yankee Candle Way
P.O. Box 110
http://www.yankeecandle.com (Visit Website)