Clubehouse Unit Coord.
CLUBHOUSE UNIT COORDINATOR/NEW MEMBER SERVICES UNIT Open Until Filled
PROGRAM/DEPT: LIGHTHOUSE (A clubhouse model program which provides employment, job readiness, education and other support services to adults with mental illness)
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. PAY SCALE: $11.12 (Grade 6)
• High School diploma/GED required. College degree preferred.
• At least six months of experience working with people who have mental illness; one year is preferred. (Will consider internship experience with college degree in a relevant field OR two years of human service experience).
• Able and willing to work directly with and alongside program members performing job readiness, club tasks, and job training in a variety of basic, manual jobs and tasks.
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record and own vehicle required.
• Demonstrate respect for the rights and abilities of people with disabilities and ability to work with a member empowerment philosophy.
• Strong adaptability, sense of responsibility and initiative, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
• Strong Computer Skills
• Bi-Lingual/bi-cultural strongly encouraged to apply
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Work with members developing person-centered plans specific to employment.
2) Coordinate job readiness activities with members.
3) Work side by side with program members to engage, motivate, coordinate and complete all unit tasks.
4) Provide career counseling and pre-vocation/job readiness activities in the unit in addition to providing benefits/entitlement education and training to members.
5) Work in the Transitional Employment program (jobsite training, support and absence coverage) and help staff the club’s evening, weekend and holiday program.
6) Serve as advisor to a caseload of members providing advocacy and support.
7) Assist members in establishing employment or education goals.
8) Assist program manager and other units as needed.
9) Maintain confidential member files.
10) Keep required records and submit required reports.
11) Work individually and cooperatively to maintain and improve high quality program services.
12) Work in accordance with I.C.C.D. clubhouse model and CARF standards.
13) Assist members in learning computer skills through daily unit work.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES UNLIMITED
120 MAPLE STREET, SUITE 400, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01103
(413) 781-5359 FAX (413) 746-3370 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of position:
Human Services (GR)
Human Resources Unlimited
120 Maple Street, Suite 400