Direct Service Advocate - Teen Parent Program
Springfield Teen Parent Program
Part-time Direct Service Advocate (7.5 hours/week)
Every other Saturday/Sunday 3:00-11:00p
• BA preferred with residential experience.
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills required.
• Experience with adolescents and or young parents and children preferred.
• Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and a telephone.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with case management and advocacy.
• Life skills training and support
• Parenting training and support
• Maintain daily schedule and facilitate resident participation and community responsibilities
• Supervision of recreation, educational and cultural activities
• Ongoing individual resident support
• Attend weekly staff meetings, supervision and trainings as required
• Learn, follow and enforce all program procedures, rules, regulations and policies
• Required documentation and daily program communication
• Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the facility and property (including, but not limited to: vacuuming, laundry, loading/unloading groceries, shoveling, raking, mopping)
• Maintain case notes, resident files as necessary to meet resident and program needs
• Facilitate groups as required
• Maintain medication log
• Maintain 1:8 staff to child ratio at all times
• Provide transportation to residents and adhere to all safety laws/policies regarding seat belts, car seat requirements and speed limits at all times
• Performs other related duties as needed
Date posted: 6/27/13 Location: Springfield Rate: $11.00/hour
Please e-mail resume/cover letter to: email@example.com
Internal applicants must submit updated resumes with letters of interest.
Type of position:
Human Services (UG)
Kimberly L. Chatel, Human Resources Coordinator
YWCA of Western Massachusetts
One Clough Street