Asst. Dir. of Residence Education For Community Standards
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Assistant Director of Residence Education for Community Standards provides overall direction for the development and implementation of community standards and related processes within the residence hall system. Responsibilities include:
supervision of assigned graduate staff; collaborating with the Dean of Students Office and other campus agencies; coordinating the adjudication of all residence hall student conduct incidents; engaging students in community standards initiatives; training residence hall staff in the areas of community standards and student conduct, establishing goals and learning outcomes for programs; and supporting assessment activities for all assigned programs and services.
1. Minimum of three years directly related experience and earned Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration or related field.
2. Proven expertise in student conduct administration.
3. Contemporary understanding of related student and community development theories, and their practical application in university residential environments.
4. Demonstrated experience in relating effectively to diverse populations and developing socially-just communities.
5. Proficient in meeting the goals of student affairs organizations.
6. Demonstrated administrative abilities in budget preparation and monitoring, record keeping, and report writing.
7. Some evening and weekend work required on routine basis
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
8. Previous work experience in medium to large residential life program (min. 4,000 beds).
9. Previous experience assessing the impacts of the campus residential experience.
Hiring Salary Range: $44,300 - $55,500. Normal Starting Salary: $44,300 - $49,900.
PROFESSIONAL STAFF SALARY ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM POSITION LEVEL 27.
To receive priority consideration, please send your letter of interest, resume, and names, addresses, email and phone numbers of three references by the priority deadline of May 15, 2013. Applications will be accepted after the priority deadline until the vacancy is filled. http://www.housing.umass.edu
OFF CAMPUS APPLICATIONS ONLY: Send application materials to: Search# R45752,
Employment Office, 167 Whitmore Administration Building, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003-8170.
Type of position:
University of Massachusetts
167 Whitmore Administration Building