Reports to: SSW IT Liaison/Staff Assistant
The Student Aide will assist the IT Liaison/Staff Assistant. The position involves providing technological support in classrooms and the computer lab, data entry, document proofing, and other duties.
The Student Aide will work 10 hours per week, preferably on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Specific required skills include:
1. The ability to report to work on time and regularly;
2. The ability to follow directions;
3. The ability to complete required tasks and accept supervision; and
4. The ability to effectively solve problems.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
1. Assisting faculty and students with classroom and computer lab technology (computers, projectors, printers, and DVD/VHS players);
2. Data entry;
3. Document proofing;
4. Preparing copies;
5. Executing errands;
6. Assisting as needed with special projects; and
7. Other duties as assigned.
The Student Aide is expected to behave legally and ethically in the conduct of duties associated with the School of Social Work, avoiding any actions or involvement in procedures not approved by qualified supervisors. The Student Aide must respect the integrity of all the individuals with whom they work, including supervisors, administrative staff, students, faculty, and community representatives. Should they be involved in filing of student records or be exposed to other student information, the Student Aide must maintain confidentiality at all times.
The School of Social Work is located in the Brennan Center, 45 Island Pond Road, Springfield, MA
Contact: Sean Mangan at email@example.com or 413-748-3047.
Type of position:
Sean Mangan, Staff Assistant/IT Liaison
Springfield College - School of Social Work
School of Social Work
26 Alden Street
Brennan Center, Island Pond Road, Springfield, MA