Director of Ugrad Programs
The Director of Undergraduate Programs and Operations reports to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs and External Relations and is responsible for the overall management, coordination, and oversight of the recruiting operations, functions and staff of the Undergraduate Program as it relates to the core goal of positioning the BBA and BS degree programs in the top forty programs in the national rankings and in the top 25 of public institutions in national rankings. This individual will work closely with the Assistant Dean for Academic Advising and Diversity, Director of Marketing and Communications, the Director of Development, the Director of the Chase Career Center, Directors of Admission in the Five-College Consortium, and appropriate on-campus Deans and Directors as well as Department Heads, faculty, and students in the implementation of programs.
1. Master’s degree required with 2-3 years of experience preferably in
academic administration and/or counseling.
2. Proven ability to supervise professional and clerical staff, including
3. Excellent organizational skills.
4. Effective communication skills working with students, faculty, staff,
parents/guardians, other Constituencies.
5. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work assignments in a demanding
6. Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical ability
7. Ability to work independently
8. Proficiency in the use of computers, including strong expertise in word
processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
9. Willingness to accept flexibility in work schedule based on cyclical
demands of the Undergraduate Programs Office operation.
Hiring Salary Range: $44,300-$55,500 Normal Starting Salary: $44,300-$49,900
Send letter of application, resume, and names, addresses and telephone number of three references. The priority deadline for applications is September 12, 2012 but we will continue to accept applications until a successful candidate is found.
Send application materials to: Search #R36110,
Employment Office, 167 Whitmore Administration Building, University of
Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003-8170.
Type of position:
University of Massachusetts
167 Whitmore Administration Building