Overnight Direct Service Advocate
Springfield Teen Parent Program
Part-time Overnight Direct Service Advocate
*Every other weekend schedule also available
• BA preferred with residential experience, excellent teamwork and communication skills.
• Experience with adolescents and or young parents and children.
• Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and telephone required.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain daily schedule and facilitate resident participation in meeting responsibilities
• Ongoing individual resident support
• Attend weekly staff meetings, supervision and training
• Required documentation and daily program communication
• Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the facility and property (including, but not limited to: vacuuming, laundry, loading/unloading groceries, shoveling, raking, mopping)
• Maintain case notes, resident files as necessary to meet resident and program needs
• Enforce program policies and rules
• Prepare and set up for breakfast as required
• Responsible for consistent monitoring of building for safety and security
• Responsible for well-checks on all residents throughout the night
• Crisis intervention as necessary.
• Provide medical advocacy as needed
• Provide childcare as needed in emergency situations
• Provide conflict resolution as needed
• Adhere to awake overnight accountability and reporting procedures
• Provide transportation to residents and adhere to all safety laws/policies regarding seat belts, car seat requirements and speed limits at all times.
• Maintain medication log
• Maintain 1:8 staff to child ratio at all times
• Performs other related duties as needed
Hourly Rate: $11.00 plus $1.25/hour shift differential for overnight shifts worked
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Internal applicants must submit updated resumes with letters of interest.
Type of position:
YWCA - Springfield
One Clough Street