Website Development Internship
Website Development Intern
Hispanic Recruitment Services, Inc. operates two niche diversity career job portal sites for Latina/o candidates. The sites are www.LatinosinHigherEd.com (LiHE) and www.LatinoGraduate.com (LG).
These sites are the premier web sites matching Latino candidates in higher education and diverse industries in the United States, Puerto Rico and internationally.
Job Requirements: Selected candidate will work closely with President and Vice President to design, develop, and implement solutions for existing websites. In addition, candidate should be a computer science, graphic, or information systems (MIS, BIS) major, have familiarity with servers, FTP, Php My Admin (preferred but not required) and have the ability to work in both a Mac and PC environment.
Candidate will be asked to do the following:
• Strategize the development process of each website for optimal efficiency
• Utilize PHP and MySQL to develop web applications and components based on project requirements
• Assist in the maintenance of Content Management Systems
• Participate in code review, optimization and SEO
• Maintain websites for 2 Internet sites
• Conduct daily and weekly updates to website
• Interact with vendors and third party solution providers to make enhancements to the websites
• Upload logos, and other related information to the websites
• Perform modifications to existing code when necessary
• Conduct analysis of site and make recommendations to enhance efficiency and operation of the websites
• Integrate pay per click services to existing sites
Please be advised that you do not need to be Latina/o or speak Spanish to work as an intern. We conduct all of our business as well as all of our marketing and promotional materials in English.
Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing
Graphic Design, Information Systems (MIS, BIS), and/or Computer Science.
Flexible to accommodate credit requirements. Position will be located in Hartford/Willimantic, CT with the possibility of working remotely from home.
Provide portfolio of work
Send resume to email@example.com. For additional information, call 860.632.7676 and ask for Heriberto Roman; Fax 860.632-1760
Type of position:
Hispanic Recruitment Services, Inc
P. O. Box 16