Sports & Recreation
Manager of Fan & Guest Experience- San Francisco 49ers (Santa Clara, CA)
The Manager of Fan & Guest Experience is responsible for developing and executing programs in support of the 49ers commitment to provide a world class game day and event fan experience. The position manages all day-to-day aspects the involving game day guest and event experience, including but not limited to the following:
• Develop the vision to enhance the overall guest experience for game day and team events.
• Coordinate the development of an organizational mission for guest and partner service – a set of standards and values that will embody every 49ers employee.
• Coordinate recruitment, hiring, and training of all 49ers game day service staff, including but not limited to ushers, ticket takers, Supervisors, and fan ambassadors.
• Oversee activation of guest service initiatives during 49ers games and team events.
• Serve as the initial resolution provider - primary point of contact and source of response - for all guest/customer service matters.
• Develop system for ongoing performance evaluation, holding staff accountable and ways to implement improvement measures in critical areas of need.
• Implement rewards and incentives program for recognizing great guest service.
• Manage all service-oriented communication to fans, including input on letters, emails, web site and general social media communication; coordinate with various department heads to ensure consistency in message and service delivery.
• Establish and manage the guest services function in an efficient and customer-friendly manner in an effort to exceed the expectations of our guests and promote loyalty and retention.
• Monitor our service reputation and analyze Service Scouts Reports; review reports with individual departments – address concerns, resolve negative issues, and reward positive performance – and prepare summaries for executive team as directed.
• Develop policies and procedures for 49ers game day and event staff to ensure consistent operation and professionalism.
• Respond to fan feedback within 24 hours – in-writing, in-person, or via telephone – and record interactions within designated database for future tracking and handling.
• Collaborate on development of electronic systems – including process and procedure – for soliciting guest and employee feedback.
• Establish regular reporting to VP on metrics involving guest service, including but not limited to staff performance, fan feedback, attendance, etc.
• At the start of each calendar year, develop the annual guest service plan for game day and team events and work with department heads to integrate into the organization’s overall plan.
• Bachelors Degree from accredited college or university.
• A minimum three (3) years experience at the management level of a guest service department within the sports and/or hospitality industry.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Minimum 3 years of management or supervisory experience in a fast-paced, high-volume, hospitality-related industry.
• Advanced user knowledge of Excel and ability to deliver advanced reporting.
• Familiarity with Archtics and MS Dynamics (CRM) is of value.
• Skill in managing a department budget.
• Strong communications aptitude and ability to attend to detail.
• Proven effective management of multiple related areas.
• Demonstrated ability and experience developing and coordinating multi-faceted plans involving goals, strategies, resolutions, and service recovery implementations.
• Demonstrated sound organizational, coordination and personal interface skills.
• Position requires work during weeknights, weekends, and holidays.
• Customer Focused: Demonstrated desire to understand and anticipate internal/external customer service needs and take action to meet or exceed these needs. Implements service recovery tactics to turn around unhappy or disgruntled guests.
• Judgment: Display willingness to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Include appropriate people in decision making process, but be decisive.
• Positive Thinking & Attitude: Maintain a positive work environment by creating job motivation, remaining enthusiastic about taking on challenges, demonstrating an “I care” attitude, approaching others in a pleasant, happy, and upbeat manner, and always finding the positive aspect of a negative situation.
• Motivation: Demonstrate excellent personal motivation and encourage others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Show persistence and overcome obstacles. Take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Analytics: Synthesize information; use intuition and experience to complement data; design and generate creative solutions.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions and communicate them quickly and effectively.
• Technical Skills: Assess strengths and weaknesses, pursue training and development opportunities. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills within staff.
• Oral Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Demonstrate group presentation skills and participate in meetings.
• Written Communication: Be clear and informative with a sense of the appropriate amount of brevity. Must be able to construct professional communication in writing that speaks to the team approach to guest services.
• Adaptability: Capable of keeping an “open mind” and flexible; copes successfully with unexpected events; adapts well to, and supports, change; when necessary, initiates and enforces change; and brings simplicity and order out of complexity and chaos.
• Change Management: Communicate changes effectively. Build consensus and commitment, overcome resistance. Prepare and support those affected by change and monitor transition. Oversee the purposeful change of process to improve the reliability of achieving desired outcomes.
• Leadership: Model the behavior expected of your staff. Exhibit confidence in self and others; inspire, develop and motivate others to perform to their best. Readily accept feedback from others and provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Displays enthusiasm, passion and optimism.
• Diversity: Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Train and educate others on the value of diversity and how to positively approach diverse populations.
• Innovation: Display original thinking and creativity, including ways to enhance the fan experience. Meet challenges with resourcefulness.
Apply online: www.teamworkonline.com
Type of position:
Sports & Recreation
22550 McCauley Road
http://www.teamworkonline.com (Visit Website)