Site Director/Head Teacher
Branch: Farmington Valley YMCA
Location: Canton, CT
Date of Posting: December 13, 2012
Type of Job: Part-time M-F 2:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.
The Farmington Valley YMCA is seeking a cause driven, innovative Site Director Head Teacher to join their team. Under the general direction of the Senior Program Director, the School Age Site Director works for the YMCA of Greater Hartford and is responsible for the development, coordination, planning, administration, supervision, and delivery of the School Age Child Care programming. Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extend thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all
times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image, and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford is conveyed.
The incumbent must:
· The candidate must possess a State of CT Head Teacher’s Certificate endorsed for School Age children, an Associate’s degree OR 18 credits in Early childhood, Child Development, elementary education, physical education, recreation and leisure, or related field.
· A minimum of 2 years of supervising, mentoring, training and/or leading child care.
· The candidate should have experience in developing, organizing, promoting, and directing child care programs and services for youth.
· Possess a general knowledge and understanding of the YMCA, its goals, and its mission.
· Bring to this position maturity, responsibility, and a sincere interest in working with children.
· Have very strong interpersonal and organization skills.
· Knowledge of various resources for programming ideas and the skills to utilize that information in directing daily activities.
· Computer literacy in the use of Windows-based programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
Employment is subject to a background check.
HOW TO APPLY
· Send Employment Application, Cover Letter and Resume to Clarissa Santos at email@example.com.
· Applications are available online at www.ghymca.org.
· No phone calls please.
Effect on End Results:
· The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the phone.
· The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
· Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.
Type of position:
YMCA of Greater Hartford - Metropolitan Offices
241 Trumball Street